Congratulations to Boynton Beach Community High School and Santaluces Community High School for their selection as finalists to become College Board SpringBoard® National Demonstration School sites. This would be a prestigious honor that would open up two of the District’s SpringBoard® schools to other educators and districts across the nation.
SpringBoard® is the College Board’s official pre-AP curriculum for middle and high schools designed to engage students in problem solving, academic discourse and critical analysis by embedding Pre-AP and AP teaching and learning strategies in the curriculum, emphasizing higher-order thinking skills. Over a two-year period, designated SpringBoard® National Demonstration School sites will serve to showcase exemplary, school-wide best practices to current and future users of the program.
Schools chosen as SpringBoard® National Demonstration School sites will receive the following:
- College Board recognition for the administrators, teachers, and students who have effectively implemented SpringBoard®
- $10,000 credit for SpringBoard® professional development services over two years
- National and local recognition, including recognition at College Board Regional Forum
- A customized school banner and plaque
- Inclusion of the school in SpringBoard® research and reports
- Opportunities to pilot new products and services
National winners will be announced by the College Board/SpringBoard® in June, 2011.
The School District of Palm Beach County is committed to providing all students with a challenging curriculum that includes methods for individualized and group instruction that support the Board’s goals.
To see the schools’ demonstration videos, go to the following vodcast links:
Boynton Beach High School: http://vodcast.palmbeach.k12.fl.us/player.php?key=HYP4D7A873DBE0F0
Santaluces High School: http://vodcast.palmbeach.k12.fl.us/player.php?key=HYP4D7993077434E
For more information, contact: Dr. Alison Adler at email@example.com.